- Download Gorgona Omega for Kit v2:
- Download Gorgona Omega for Kit v1:
This new SD image includes a lot of new features and fixes. The more important ones are:
- New Pianoteq Engine, including the Pianoteq 6.0.3 Demo version, upgradable to 6.1 or licensed version from the webconf tool. See this forum thread.
- Global MIDI-learning. See the updated wiki documentation.
- Improved Security: SSH keys and webconf cookie secret will be generated on first boot, avoiding that anybody accesing your local network can hijack your zynthian box. See this forum thread.
- PANIC functions. See this forum thread.
- Fixed MIDI router that should fix the problems that some people have with specific keyboards and engines (fluidsynth). See this forum thread.
- Supports the new RBPi 3 B+: It includes a recent version of firmware (rpi-update), as required by the new RBPi3 B+.
- MIDI over network: It can be enabled from the Webconf or the UI’s Admin menu. It uses QmidiNet (thanks, @rncbc!!!), that implements UDP/IP multicast and it’s compatible with IP-Midi for Windows & Mac. See this forum thread.
- Improved controller scheme for setBfree, integrating latest changes from @x42.
- Many other small improvements and fixes …
Thanks to everybody collaborating in development and testing, specially @C0d3man, @mheidt and @wyleu that have spent lot of hours working on making a better zynthian!
Probably this will be the last “Gorgona” release. We are working in a new building system for zynthian: the ZynthianOS, based in CustomPiOS from @guysoft. That will allow us to dramatically simplify the building process and will give us the possibility of having fresh nightly builds.
Stay tuned!! 😉